Saturday, October 6, 2012

My very cute birthday boy!

We just love birthdays here in this part of town. I think it was my Mom who instilled such a love of birthdays in me. She has always loved her birthday, for as long as I can remember. She's really made me love my birthday, and made me love everyone else's birthday as well. Birthdays are a big deal around here.

Dave's birthday celebrations were two-fold, because his real birthday was on a Wednesday - boo - and he had to work. So we kind of celebrated on his real birthday, Wednesday, but then we really had a fun day all day on Saturday. So on Wednesday, I surprised Dave at work with a big party hat, a giant button that said, "It's My Birthday!" and some birthday balloons. We went out to eat at Cafe Rio for lunch, and his button ended up getting him a free meal (because it was so ridiculous, that the people couldn't stop laughing), and a free cupcake from the Sweet Tooth Fairy. Not a bad deal, huh??


When he got home from work that night, I decorated the house for him with all kinds of birthday decor, and had a nice, warm, homemade pizza waiting for him. It was so fun to get everything ready for him! I just love birthdays!!




After dinner we opened presents, and of course we had to do the before and after shot of his gifts.

Before

After

Dave was SO excited to get P90X2. That was his favorite present, by far. Of course there is a history book, some exercise equipment, a Disney shirt, and a date night to a play - See How They Run (which was AWESOME, by the way). A perfect collection of gifts for this man. :)

Saturday was the real big celebration day. It was a day full of surprises for Dave, and it was SO fun to plan. It started off with a chocolate chip pancake breakfast with chocolate milk from Costco (yum!). My mouth is watering just thinking about them.

My favorite part of this picture is that Dave thought he had to crane his neck all the way in that funny position to get in the picture. Haha!

After breakfast, we lazed around the house for awhile, took our time getting ready, and then drove up the canyon to Huntsville, and just relaxed there at a park. I brought a picnic lunch, our frisbee, our soccer ball, our tennis rackets, sidewalk chalk, and our books so we could just hunker down at the park for awhile and RELAX. It was SOOOO much fun. 

Frisbee

Our sidewalk chalk mural of our fun day

Reading our books after our picnic

It was so perfect to just spend lots of non-rushed time together. We did exactly what we wanted to do and took our time to just relax and be together. It was our ideal day together.

I even planned some geo-caching time into our fun afternoon and I didn't even complain about it!

After Huntsville, we went out to dinner at our FAVORITE all time restaurant, The Olive Garden, and it was delicious as usual. When we came home, we built a kick-butt fort with a secret entrance and a treat station all inside the fort! We put our air mattress inside the fort, and we slept in the fort. The only problem was that when we were building it, one of the dumbbells holding up the blankets fell on my head and it hurt SO badly. I think I cried for a good 5 minutes before I was controllable. We watched The Artist (which is SUCH a fantastic movie) and I held an ice pack on my head for the first half of the movie. It wasn't very funny then, but it is pretty funny now to think about. It's not everybody who can say a dumbbell fell on their head!

Can you see our treat station behind Dave's thumb?? It had lots of tasty treats on it that we thoroughly enjoyed throughout the evening.

The outside view of our fort.

We had such a fun day together celebrating Dave's birthday, and blogging about it now makes me realize just how much fun we had together. There's nothing that can quite compare with spending the entire day doing exactly what you want to do with the person you love the very most. I wish that birthdays happened more often!

Happy birthday to my very handsome and very nice and very funny husband! I love you!



No comments:

Post a Comment